It Doesn’t Have to Be Scary or Painful
While the enamel of teeth are what most of our patients worry about, there’s a lot that goes on beneath the surface. Within your teeth is a substance called dental pulp. If you have serious tooth decay or other problems in your mouth, that pulp can become infected. Infected dental pulp is dangerous because it can spread throughout your mouth. To prevent infection from spreading, the Lexington Family Dentistry will perform root canal therapy.
Signs and symptoms for possible root canal therapy:
- An abscess (or pimple) on the gums.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold.
- Severe toothache pain.
- Sometimes no symptoms are present.
- Swelling and/or tenderness.
Reasons for root canal therapy:
- Decay has reached the tooth pulp (the living tissue inside the tooth).
- Infection or abscess have developed inside the tooth or at the root tip.
- Injury or trauma to the tooth.
The Highest Standards
You and your smile deserve the very best dental care. We are committed to a standard of excellence that allows us to achieve optimal dental health.
The Best Experience
Dental visits can understandably make people uneasy. We strive to create a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere, coupled with highly personalized care.
The Right Expertise
Not only are we highly skilled and trained, but we also pride ourselves on continuing to learn so we can provide state of the art dental care. All to keep your smile healthy.